golfv5.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Damo_V5

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Damo_V5 Empty Hello from Damo_V5

Post by damo_v5 Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi guys, My name is Damian, I am 25 and currently work in insurance and also have my own photography and Graphic Design business. I have had the car for 2 years and it was all going so well until our little bundle of joy came along, so as you may have guessed the work and modifications stopped lol.

I will be soon uploading pics of my beloved V5, It is a silver AQN 170bhp, 5 door with 100,000 miles on the clock. I have done all my modifications myself and have plenty more to come. For now though it is booked in for a service next week, new brakes are been fitted and the wishbone will be replaced shortly too. I also have a squeeling sound from either the auxilary belt or the engine and I also have a thrumming noise, which we think is a bearing issue. Anyway this will all be found and resolved next week hopefully.

damo_v5

Back to top Go down

Hello from Damo_V5 Empty Re: Hello from Damo_V5

Post by R444SPY Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Damo, welcome to the site. Look forward to the pics and any updates and mods you do. i know exactly what you mean on the baby front. I had twins and since then any projects get put to the side. I have been saving up for my supercharger/turbo build for two years now and each time I have almost enough funds ready I need the money for the kids/house. I think the government should give out a car grant to all dads so they can modify their cars with lol.
R444SPY
R444SPY

Back to top Go down

Post by damo_v5 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 pm

I know mate, I am also a stepdad to a 5 year old who has expensive taste in everything and it is not just one of something he wants, it is normally 2 lol. I have been lucky really in been allowed to keep it because I have been very close to getting a diesel golf or audi a4, they just aren't as much fun or sound boring, plus there aren't many V5's about these days. The V5 sounds nice and also drives nice. My lady said I can get the remap as well which I can not wait for, I'm guessing it makes quite a bit of difference in the rev range.
A car grant would be good but I'm sure the lady's in our live's would have something to say about that haha

damo_v5

Back to top Go down

Post by damo_v5 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:49 pm

I know mate, I am also a stepdad to a 5 year old who has expensive taste in everything and it is not just one of something he wants, it is normally 2 lol. I have been lucky really in been allowed to keep it because I have been very close to getting a diesel golf or audi a4, they just aren't as much fun or sound boring, plus there aren't many V5's about these days. The V5 sounds nice and also drives nice. My lady said I can get the remap as well which I can not wait for, I'm guessing it makes quite a bit of difference in the rev range.
A car grant would be good but I'm sure the lady's in our live's would have something to say about that haha

damo_v5

Back to top Go down

Post by R444SPY Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

The remap isn't a huge difference like you would get on a turbo. But it is enough to transform the delivery of torque especially. I had my AGZ 150bhp mapped by DNA Tuning and is meant to give 16bhp and 20Nm torque. It removes the flat spot when the inlet manifold switches from low to high making it more seamless. You will feel the difference though and makes the car even more fun to drive. If you also uprate your standard air box with a quality panel filter and replace at least the cat back you will start to hear her growl. I have had my cat removed too now and the sound is flipping epic. I have made up my own custom air intake so benefit from both induction noise and gained power. I'll upload a video link shortly as been taking some video's recently.
R444SPY
R444SPY

Back to top Go down

Post by R444SPY Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 pm

R444SPY
R444SPY

Back to top Go down

Post by R444SPY Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

R444SPY
R444SPY

Back to top Go down

Post by damo_v5 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:46 am

Sounds nice mate. Will definitely be upgrading my system thus year depending on funds..

damo_v5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum