golfv5.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module?

2 posters

Go down

ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module? Empty ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module?

Post by Dobbs Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi folks,

I've got an ABS & TC waning lights plus a flashing red "!" on the dash of my MK4 V5 - the diagnostic reader is saying:

18259 - powertrain data has missing message from ABS controller

I've had a quick look on theRossTech wiki but to no avail.

Can some kind person tell me what the likely cause of this error message is and what I need to do to investigate & fix this problem?

My diagnostic reader is not able to communicate with the ABS controller.  Can someone tell me what's involved with removing and replacing the ABS module (I gather that these are a known point of failure).

After just having spent a grand getting the cam chains and clutch replaced, I could do without any more major expenses - I thought the golf's were suppose to be reliable...  Sad 

My thanks to all for any help and advice,

Dobbs.

Dobbs

Back to top Go down

ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module? Empty Re: ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module?

Post by Dobbs Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Ok - if this happens to anyone else, try the following:

Disconnect the battery

Remove the air filter box

Unplug the ABS unit (pull the release tab all the way out and lift up the plug)

Spray the contacts and plug with electrical contact cleaner and allow to dry (might take several hours)

Replace the plug, airbox and airfilter

Reconnect the battery.

This worked for my V5.

Cheers,

Dobbs.

Dobbs

Back to top Go down

ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module? Empty Re: ABS & TC warning lights - ABS module?

Post by R444SPY Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 am

thanks for the heads up Dobbs. Wink
R444SPY
R444SPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum